This three-storey building was constructed sometime before 1864, this is known as it is shown on an Ordnance Survey Map of that date. The building was neighboured by houses on both sides but is the only one to remain, it is unsure if the building was designed as a house or shop however it is currently a barbers shop. Between this building and its neighbours were alleys on either side leading to Allen Square. This would have been a square of timber houses that partly made up the early Blue Town, there were many areas like this in the area before the construction of brick buildings. This building is a yellow brick building, laid in Flemish bond and is a similar construction to the cottages found in Charles Street nearby.