The Red Lion Public House

It is believed this building was built In the late 1700’s or early 1800’s and was listed as the Swan Inn on an Ordnance Survey map dated 1864 the map also shows the adjacent building (No.62) to be part of the public house. The building is part brick and part timber with weather boarding, and thought to have been raised by a single storey, it has a porch to the east that could be an older structure that has been converted.

The pub was used in the early 1800’s as a meeting place of the local Freemasons.

Designed & built by - Kevin Ali